Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Journey Begins

In reality, the 23 things journey began months ago, when I began an experimental and experiential blog called One a Day. What I neglected to do was follow the training instructions and register the blog with Kate T. Soooo here we go with thing #1.

A word about learning style. While I love experimenting with the computer and new applications, when there is a specific purpose, or desired outcome, I like to learn from a knowledgeable person...can be in a classroom, with a book, or a video recording.  Somebody give me some guidance 'cause I don't want to screw it up. I actually read the instructions before trying to assemble a piece of furniture, though I've been told that instructions are for wimps.  Put a big ole W on my forehead, because I don't want any extra pieces left when I finish. Makes me worry it's all going to collapse for lack of that screw. Has anyone noticed that everything seems to require assembly these days? I bought a vacuum cleaner recently and it required assembly. What's up with that?

Oops. Where was I?  Blogs and blogging. If you'd like a little help navigating the myriad options for blogging, check out Elizabeth Castro's Publishing a Blog with Blogger. [I was going to try and insert a link to this title in the MCPL catalog here ... but it appears the catalog is down right now. Another missed opportunity to promote the library's resources]  She covers the basics of creating, editing, personalizing, and publicizing your blog, and defines and describes features included with Blogger such as templates and gadgets. Castro's book provides lots of ideas for personalizing your blog. She has created a website for the book which attempts to keep track of updates and additions made to Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment