Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thing 5 - Flickr

Flickr is a photo management service that people use to share their photographs with the world. I uploaded a few photos from Brookside Gardens as a test. I'll try adding additional photos of "my favorite tree" over several months and should end up with an album of the changing seasons in Maryland.

One feature Flickr offers is the ability to map and tag your photos. I suppose if I were really interested, I could search for other photos of trees all over the country (or world).  Maybe I'll do that in my spare time.

If you're wondering what my favorite tree looks like...click the link.

Another photo sharing site is the 365 Project. The site is a place to document a year of your life in photographs.  An interesting concept ... perhaps a better place for my tree photos. Photos are easily shared via Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment